Xyloplate contributes to research on advanced engineering of wood. It aims to develop the knowledge and expertise of the mechanical characterization of wood and derived products.
Main equipments :
- Wood grading machine
- Biometric measurements : pente de fils, identification of heterogeneities
- 4 axes test bench (4*7m) 400kN : walls, floors, …
- Creep benches (service 2 class)
- Lifespan testing in controlled atmosphere
- Measurements by image correlation and image tracking system
- Universal presses 50kN and 100kN :
- Structure monitoring : 3G online measures
Opportunities provided by the equipment:
- Nondestructive evaluation of mechanical properties of systems
- Analysis of the reliability of the structural components
- Structural wood gluing
- Mechanical characterization in medium and large dimensions
- Monitoring of trees, buildings, construction systems, ...
Possible benefits :
Characterization trials, technical studies, development of prototypes and innovative products, consulting, ...
Project examples :
Morpho Wood Construction Mechanics: Integration in the mechanical analysis of large wood heterogeneities. Application to the classification of products for construction. Value of wood with high mechanical characteristics.